Friday, February 5, 2010

What I know!

The first things i think about when I hear the word "tragedy" are art, death, Romeo and Juliet, Greece. I know that tragedy is one of the main forms of plays that are performed in the theater. It is related to drama, but the difference is that the main characters die at the end of the tragedy. I also know that the tragedy is usually very dramatic. The main characters go through a lot of suffering, fighting for their believes, freedom, love, values, and for their life. I also remember that Shakespeare wrote 12 tragedies. I can also mention that the first tragedies were written in Ancient Greece by Aristotle.I can explain and tell the plot line of such tragedies as Prometheus bound, Medea, Oedipus the King, because I've studied them before in my country. I also know that the best ancient tragedies were created by Aeschylus, Euripides and Sophocles.It would be also necessary mentioning that my favourite tragedy is Medea, because i find it extremely interesting the way ancient poets blamed everything on fate and God's will. This would summarize my general knowledge about tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment